LiveBid Help and FAQ's
- Broadband Connection to the Internet
- Supported Browsers
- Internet Explorer 8 or later
- Firefox 12 or later
- Google Chrome
- Safari 6 or later on Mac OS X
- Adobe Flash Player (Download)
- Dual Core Intel or AMD processor with at least 1GB MB memory
- Windows XP SP3 or later
- Firewall IP opened on Http Port 5119
Check your system can run LiveBidSystem Test
- Do not download anything whilst bidding as this may affect the performance of Live Bid on your PC
- Avoid having multiple browser windows open as this may also affect performance
- Prior to bidding, view the sales catalogue for the auction that you intend to participate in so that you know what is being auctioned
- How do I register for a Live Auction?
- I've forgotten my Username or Password
- My contact details are incorrect and I want to change them
- How do I set an alarm for a lot
- When I open Live Bid, I cannot see the auction taking place
- When I open Live Bid, I can see the auction taking place but cannot participate in it
- I can see the auction taking place but cannot hear the auctioneer
- I cannot submit a bid as the "Bid" button is greyed out
Complete the registration form by clicking here
Contact West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions to retrieve your details
Contact West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions who will be able to change them for you
If you would like to be warned when a lot you are interested in is about to be offered for sale, click on the "Set Alarm" button in the catalogue listing. The colour of the button will change from blue to red indicating that the alarm has been set. You can view any alarms you have set by going to the "My Account" page.
Ensure that you have both the Unreal Media Player 5 and Silverlight plugins installed. Additionally, there may be a communications problem - Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact West Oxfordshire Motor Auctions
Please note that there is NO current support for viewing the actual live video footage from the auction hall for other browsers apart from Internet Explorer.
There may be a communications problem - Press F5 to refresh the page. If the problem persists contact West Oxfordshire Auctions.
Check the sound settings on your computer
Bidding may not have started. Additionally, check any messages displayed on the screen for a more specific reason